Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Unsung and Proven Natural Medicine For Anxiety


I have several friends who are on anti-depressants and I have noticed that they seem to be living in a shadowy place and are only half present, if you see what I mean. One of my friends who suffers from acute anxiety said that she felt that the meds she was prescribed never really cured her and that the side effects were rather severe. One of these is weight gain which she still struggles with. Natural medicine for anxiety is unsung because Big Pharma are not involved but prefer to peddle their own anxiety medication which have severe side effects. They will pour scorn on natural anxiety medications in general.

You can take Germany as an example. A whole nation cannot be hoodwinked! I say that because we know that Prozac as a common anti depressant and anxiety medicine is only prescribed for about 2% of the patients. The natural medicine for anxiety used there is St. John's Wort ( a herbal preparation) and the figures for that remedy are a whopping 50%.

There are other types of natural medicine for anxiety. It depends on what our definition of 'natural' is. Diet can be important as sometimes people feel that carbohydrates (especially junky carbs) lead to mood swings and can affect them. Certainly a diet of fruit, vegetables and a moderate amount of carbohydrates will pay off handsomely as regards general health.

I know that when I suffered myself from anxiety that exercise was a lifeline which I never gave up and I think it really saved my sanity. Any type of exercise will do your whole body a power of good and the release of the 'feel good' endorphins will give you a mood boost. Choose from walking to weightlifting. It does not really matter.

The best natural medicine for anxiety in my view is a combination of herbs which can be used in conjunction with the other tips I have given above. The herbs used with proven success are not only St. John's Wort but also Passion Flower, Valerian Root and Winter Cherry. There is no need to live in a shadowy world. These natural anxiety medications have very minor side effects and will help you to live a normal happy life.

But natural methods using cognitive behavior therapy techniques can also be a great way to conquer anxiety and stop panic attacks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment