Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What To Do When Your Husband Does Not Think Link You

by: Michelle Ruble

I believe in homeopathic medicine, but my husband does not. This can be a problem at times. Do not get me wrong, I believe that God has given man the knowledge to become doctors and to help heal people. However, it seems that medications and antibiotics are given out like candy and the side affects are scary. I like being able to pronounce the medicines I am taking or giving my children.

My husband on the other hand believes that every time our children get a cold, they also need a pill to make them better. This is coming from the same man that can be on his deathbed and refuses to go see a doctor. Go figure.

How do we handle this situation? Well, I compromise. Having a strong belief in God I know that God has made my husband the head of our household. Therefore, I submit to my husbands wishes.

Now-now, don’t get all shock up. I know some of you may think that I sound like a woman that was born in the 1800’s, instead for 1971. I will let you do the math on my age. My husband and I have a wonderful relationship and No, he is not demanding or overbearing thinking that he is the top dog and I am to serve him. Nevertheless, he is the decision maker in our household. Yes, we discus things together, but he has the finally say.

He is coming around to some of the things that I believe in. Like chiropractors. I go to a wonderful chiropractor I have gone to since I was in high school. Now, my husband did not believe in chiropractors until his back was hurting him and I made an appointment for him to go see Alex. Now if his back starts bothering him he will say, “I need to go see Alex can you make me an appointment.” Five years ago, I would have never heard him say that. I have even heard him recommend to other people “you should try going to a chiropractor they really do help.” He also uses vitamin C and is never sick. He makes sure that I know when we need more. I find this to be GREAT!!

So how do I compromise you may ask? Well, I give our children natural cough syrup, multi-vitamins, VS-C (a viral immunity buster), and other natural medicine. I also use natural bath and skin care products. Like Baby Bouquet baby diaper balm. It works great! If your child has problems with diaper rash, this diaper balm will help. I use it on our 11-month-old son. If you choose not to use this brand diaper balm, I would recommend Weleda Diaper-Care. It is also a natural diaper balm. I have also used it and it works.

So someday, my husband and I will see eye to eye on this subject, but for now, I will keep on using preventative natural medicine and going to the doctor as my husband tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment